Thursday, September 9, 2010

Miami and I

by: Sophie Schlicht

My name is Sophie. I'm 20 years old and from Germany. I'm here in Miami for three weeks and I'm in Open Hearts language school to improve my English. I study economics in Germany. For these three weeks I am living with a host family.

Now it is my second week here and I've seen a lot. I love the beach in Miami. I also visited Grassy Key to swim with the dolphins. It was great. I have met many new people in the school. So I think Miami is a really good place to make new friends. I like this. Most people in Miami are very helpful. But sometimes I miss Germany. It is often too hot here and very humid, and they use very high air conditioning in all rooms or in buses and so it is too cold. So I was a little sick the first week. For me it is terrible that everybody drives a car. The air here in Miami is not good. In Germany many people use the public transportation.

On the other hand, I love the food in America. It is very unhealthy but great. The healthy food is expensive and the unhealthy food is mostly really cheap. So I eat a lot of bad things here. :) I like Miami. But I can't imagine living here because it is too big and sometimes too crazy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment