Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Great Miami

by: Julia Martos de Azuaje

My name is Julia Martos de  Azuaje and I'm from Maracaibo, Venezuela. I'm a visual artist and since 2009 I have been living in Miami. Currently I'm studying English at Open Hearts International College.

My life in Miami  is very interesting because Art and Culture are part of the Floridian way of life; galleries and  museums play a major role in Miami. My experience in this city has been fascinating because in August 2010 my artwork, influenced by the  Magic City of  Miami, was  featured at a local art gallery by  the Coral Gables Cultural Affairs Council. On October 8, 2010 I will participate with my paintings at the Museums of the Americas (Doral  City) for the Hispanic Heritage in America Exhibition, and on October 19, 2010 I will  present the book Anthology of Poems and Lyrics in Books & Books (265 Aragon  Avenue, Coral  Gables).

My experience in Miami has been different from life in Maracaibo because in Miami I have met artists from diverse nationalities who expose their paintings and creations to the public. Miami has intense and strong cultural activities and I think  that is the most important thing in the world for artists that live  in Miami.


  

Julia Martos de Azuaje. 2010. "Miami's Nocturnal". Acrylic/canvas. 18"x24" 
                                                                                   

1 comment:

  1. That's terrific, Julia! Congratulations. I'm looking forward to attending the exhibit.
    Berta

    ReplyDelete