Thursday, September 9, 2010

First Five Days in Miami

by: Fady Bou Abboud

Hello people from all over the world,

I am Fady; I am from France. I am eighteen and have just finished high school. I think that speaking English is really important to get a good job in every career. That's why I decided to come to improve my English in Miami at Open Hearts International College.

I have not been here for a long time. That's why I can't give a description of Miami  but I can tell you that it's a nicely strange city; here people are happy to live. When you ask someone a question about anything, he answers you with all his heart, whereas ask a question like "where is this?" to someone in Paris, he could tell you, "I'm not a map." People enjoy helping you in Miami.

I'm someone who likes sports and here playing sports is a way to live; at all hours you can see people run or do something athletic. And if you prefer eating to playing sports, you'll be very happy; I have never seen so much fast food, and, you should sit down, Burger King is open 24 hours a day. So you can be a sports man or a lazy man; Miami is for you. It's impossible not to like this city. I live in Paris, and the only bad thing compared to Paris is that you can't buy alcohol before age 21. Aside from that and Paris' architecture, everything -- the price of clothes, the smell of burgers, the mixed culture, and the mentality -- is better in Miami.

No comments:

Post a Comment